ASACA hosted a Community Teach-in on Saturday, February 11, 2017 to discuss the ramifications of the Presidential Executive Order PROTECTING THE NATION FROM FOREIGN TERRORIST ENTRY INTO THE UNITED STATES issued on January 27 that put a 120 days freeze on the refugee program, banned the Syrian refugees from entering the US, and enforced a 90 days freeze on entry/visas issuing for people from 7 countries including Syria. Watch the event’s 4-part video to learn more.
- – Latest update on the January 27 Executive Order regarding the Travel Ban.
- – Legal and Civil Right expert opinions.
- – Q & A session.
- – Handouts in English and Arabic.
- Mr. Marc Topoleski, Founder & Managing Attorney at Ellis Porter – The Immigration Attorneys.
- Ms. Rana Elmir, Deputy Director at ACLU of MI.
- Ms. Asha Mohamood Noor, Advocacy and Civic Engagement Specialist at Take on Hate/ACCESS.
- Kenneth L. Fouty II, Community Outreach Coordinator at Samaritas.